So, there's this boy.
He kinda stole my heart.
He calls me "Mom".

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sweet Surprises


The other day I received a card in the mail from Wichita Falls and it took me by surprise because very few people know my new address or even that I've moved.  So, I quickly opened the envelope to find this card!
This card is from my very best friend, Tandy.  About six years ago Tandy and I were shopping and found this card about friendship.  Tandy loved the song that it played when she opened it and said that it reminded her of our friendship so she bought it.  We decided that it would be 'our card' and we'd keep it forever sending it back and forth through the years when we most needed it.  There are so many sweet messages and memories written inside this card from failed relationships to the births of our sweet babies.  This card couldn't have arrived at a more perfect time!  Although the music in it no longer works, the card holds so much meaning to us.  It brought tears to my eyes when I opened it to know that Tandy was thinking of me during this time of transition in my life. 

Tandy and I may not talk every week or even every month, but when we do we pick up right where we left off.  It's hard to come by friends like that.  I'm so thankful for her and her friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment