So, there's this boy.
He kinda stole my heart.
He calls me "Mom".

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hiking

Saturday morning, Landon and I went on a little hike at Eagle Mountain Lake.  I'd never been before but a parent at school was telling me about it and how much her girls liked it there, so I thought Landon would enjoy it too.
 There were several trails that you could choose to walk on and we chose the shortest one.  When we first started the weather was perfect, but by the time we finished it was pretty toasty out.

 About the time this picture was taken is when Landon kept asking me to hold him.  Ha!  He kept telling me that he was so hot and tired.  I told him he had to be tough and keep on moving!  He did and didn't complain too much after that.


 Landon came up with the idea of putting our camera in a tree and setting the self timer so that we could have a picture together.  Pretty smart little guy! :)

 At the entrance of the park there were some old engines and trucks that Landon enjoyed looking at. 
Landon brought an old box on our hike to put bugs and leaves in that he collected.  He likes looking for bugs but is deathly afraid of spiders.  When he was using the bathroom at the park there was a spider in there and he started screaming like I had never heard him scream before.  He kept screaming, "It's REAL!  It's REAL"!!  Poor little guy was worried about seeing spiders for the remainder of the hike.

We had a fun time out at Eagle Mountain Lake and we'll definitely go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment